A High Performer is someone who:
- Has been recommended by their hockey coach and plays at an “AA” or “AAA” level, and,
- Has been approved for acceptance by the administrative team at either Hollycrest Middle School or Silverthorn Collegiate Institute or has permission to attend the program from their current school
- An academic program based on the Ontario Curriculum supported by the affiliated schools
- A supportive alternative learning environment that empowers the student to thrive both academically and athletically
- A flexible academic timetable that is tailored for the individual student’s academic, practice and performance schedules.
- Students are dropped off at the Canadian Ice Academy in the morning and our school bus will take them to our affiliated schools in the afternoon (Transportation needs to be arranged if your child is staying at their current school).
- Three (3) hours training daily from Monday – Thursday
- 90 minutes of on-ice training each day
- 60 minutes of hockey specific daily fitness training
- Off-ice shooting range lessons
- 90-minutes on ice each day
- 60-minutes hockey-specific daily fitness training with our director of strength and conditioning
- Core and balance
- Foot speed
- Off-Ice shooting range lessons
- Video analysis
- Classroom time – Health/nutrition and overall hockey knowledge
With three different options, there is a package to meet the needs of every player.
Looking to get High Performer training in the summer? Join us for our Summer Training Program based on our elite High Performer program. Find out more here.
2019/2020 REGISTRATION IS COMPLETE. We are now accepting registration for 2020/2021
Please check back in September for full packaged details for 2020/2021
When is the next session and what is the cost?
The High Performer Program is designed and geared towards competitive athletes, providing a balanced schedule between education and the time commitment that it takes to succeed in competitive sport.
This program allows the student to train at the Canadian Ice Academy in the morning and attend school in the afternoon. It is an ideal program for athletes who are looking to balance academics while getting in enough sport training to advance in their athletic career.