A High Performer is someone who:
- Has been recommended by a qualified figure skating coach and,
- Is involved at a provincial, national or international level of performance, and,
- Has been approved for acceptance by the administrative team at either Hollycrest Middle School or Silverthorn Collegiate Institute or has permission to attend the program from their current school and,
- Has been accepted and approved by Canadian Ice Academy’s management.
- An academic program based on the Ontario Curriculum supported by the affiliated schools
- A supportive alternative learning environment that empowers the student to thrive both academically and athletically
- A flexible academic timetable that is tailored for the individual student’s academic, practice and performance schedules. Students are picked up at school after their morning classes by our chartered school bus and taken to the Canadian Ice Academy for their training in the afternoon. (Transportation needs to be arranged if your child is not attending one of our affiliated schools).
High Performer athletes must purchase a High Performance Membership which includes:
– Unlimited hours of on-ice training 7 days a week
– Unlimited ballet classes per week
– Unlimited fitness classes per week
– Unlimited off-ice jump classes per week
– One stretch class per week
When is the next session and what is the cost?
The High Performer Program is designed and geared towards competitive athletes, providing a balanced schedule between education and the time commitment that it takes to succeed in competitive sport.
This program allows the student to attend school in the morning and train at the Canadian Ice Academy in the afternoon. It is an ideal program for athletes who are looking to balance academics while getting in enough sport training to advance in their athletic career.