Hockey players who are X years-old up to 16 years-old can participate in our 3 on 3 Hockey League. All individual entries will be placed on teams based on age and skill level.
Sign-up as an individual, with a friend or with your current hockey team. Team entries enable your winter team to stay together and play all summer long. This is a great opportunity for players to get to know their teammates and be ready to play better together come the start of the regular hockey season.
- The 90’ x 90’ ice surface puts the players in the offensive zone the entire game which means they are always in a scoring position.
- Having one team in the offensive zone the entire game means that the opposition is always in the defensive zone. Players must have their head on a swivel at all times to ensure strong defensive play.
- Goalies must always be alert as they will never face this many shots in a regular game.
- All players will develop a scoring touch around the net while learning to play two-way hockey.
- Puck control and quick passes are the name of the game
- There is nowhere to hide on the ice! The constant game-time dramatically improves players’ skills and abilities.
The season runs from mid-May until early August. There are a minimum of 12 games that run Sundays to Thursdays. Games are 42 minute run-time and there are no period changes, no breaks, and no timeouts.
Individual registration is $225 (taxes included) and Team registration is $1,900 (taxes included)
Individual registration can be done here. To register a team, call 905-625-7528.
What equipment do players need?
- All skaters must have single bladed skates, well supported around the ankles, CSA approved helmet with full face cage and warm clothes (waterproof) including gloves or mitts. (Bicycle helmets are not permitted).
- Hockey Programs: hockey gloves, stick, helmet, full face cage and full equipment (depending on the program) will be required.
- No stoppage of plays!
- Clear the zone rule of the goals. *Buzzer changes, so no face-off! 90 second buzzer
- Non-contact for all ages
- Minor penalties are served by missing the remainder of that shift (or part of the next). In the event of a tie, the team with the fewest penalties will get one penalty shot to win the game. If the shot is unsuccessful, a sudden victory shoot-out will occur
- Major penalties are deemed to be 5 minutes and will result in immediate expulsion from the game. depending on the severity of the penalty, the Canadian Ice Academy may take additional action in accordance with a local league rules. Fighting will result in immediate expulsion from the league.
When is the next session and what is the cost?
The Canadian Ice Academy is the pioneer of 3 on 3 hockey on an ice surface that is specifically for fewer players. Our 90’ x 90’ ice surface offers a host of benefits that improve athletes’ play.
Take advantage of the May-August league and stay on the ice all summer so that you are hitting the ice hard when the regular hockey season starts.